As a company director, we know how busy you are. Send us all your receipts and let our accounting experts worry about the rest!
Accounting For Directors
What do we offer?
For only £300, Companies Home offers a complete personal accounting solution for company directors; we take care of the entire process so you can rest assured you’ve met all your accounting obligations in the eyes of the law. Our system is designed with you in mind, so all that is required of you is to send us your bank statements and receipts and we will take it from there!
Our dedicated team of tax and accounting experts are on hand to assist you. We offer the following services as part of our Accounting for Directors package:
- Registration as self-employed, if necessary;
- Application for a Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number
- Preparation and electronic filing of personal tax self-assessment form.
- Automatic checking for any deductible expenses;
- Calculating the payments of Class 2, and if necessary Class 4, National Insurance contributions;
- Live accounting support via phone and email;
- User-friendly accounting software, powered by Companies Home own world-class back end filing service, provided with every plan
What You Should Know
HMRC requires all directors of UK companies to file an annual tax self-assessment return, with the deadline typically 9-10 months after the end of the tax year. So, for example, for the tax year that ran from 6th April 2015 until 5th April 2016, a tax return had to have been filed by midnight on the 31st January 2017 (this deadline only applies to online returns, tax returns by post have an earlier deadline). The 31st January 2017 is also deadline for the payment of the last year’s tax bill.
Unique Tax Reference
Every director submitting a self-assessment must already have a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) from HMRC. We are more than happy to apply for this as part of our accountancy services but, as the application can take a few weeks, it is highly recommended to make a UTR application well in advance of the self-assessment deadline.
Accounting for Directors
Registration as self-employed (if appropriate)
Access to InfiniAccounting Software
Calculation of Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance payments
Directors' Accounting Service - for government mandated director tax submissions