Hong Kong Company Formation
Limited Liability Company (LTD)
No taxation on internationally sourced income make it a popular choice for those looking to take investment.
Why choose a Hong Kong company?
- Only one shareholder (can also be a legal person, no nationality restriction)
- Only one director (only a natural person, no nationality or residency restrictions)
- Beneficial owners’ details – Not shown of the public record
- Shareholders’ details – Shown on the public record, if you wish to keep this information private then please purchase our nominee service
- Directors’ details – Shown on the public record, if you wish to keep this information private then please purchase our nominee service
- Hong Kong charges tax on a territorial basis. Many jurisdictions levy tax differently and charge tax on global profits of a business, including profits derived from international sources. In Hong Kong profit tax is only charged on profits derived from a trade, profession or business operated in Hong Kong. This means that a company, which conducts business in Hong Kong, but collects profits from somewhere else, doesn’t have to pay tax in Hong Kong on those profits. Income derived in Hong Kong is subject to a 16,5 percent tax rate.
- Double Taxation Agreements: Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Qatar and the Mainland China to relieve taxation on income, for instance upon dividends, interest income and royalties.
- Company meetings do not have to be held in Hong Kong. A general meeting can be held at more than one location by using any suitable method ie. video conference etc.
- An annual general meeting (AGM) must be held at least once in every calendar year and not more than 15 months after the last preceding AGM. However the company does not need to have its first AGM until 18 months after its incorporation. A company can dispense with the holding of AGM if all the actions that are required or intended to be actioned at the meeting are done by resolutions.
- Companies may dispense with the holding of AGMs by unanimous shareholder’s consent.
All Hong Kong companies are required to maintain accounting records, which may be kept at their registered office address or elsewhere at the discretion of the directors. Although there is no requirement to file accounts with the Registrar, there is a requirement to file accounts with the tax authorities. Annual return is required to be filed to the Companies Registry within 42 days of the date of anniversary of incorporation, and then each year thereafter.
- Required, (can also be a legal person, resident in Hong Kong).
- Language: Any
- Characters: From Roman alphabet or in Chinese
- Company name must end with such suffix or it’s abbreviation: Limited
- Restricted Names: Any name would constitute a criminal offence or is offensive or otherwise contrary to the public interest. Any name would be likely to give the impression that the company is connected in any way with the Central People’s Government or the Government of the HKSAR or any department of either government such as Department, Government, Commission, Bureau, Federation, Council, Authority.
- Names Requiring Consent or a Licence: Asset management, Assurance, Authority, Bank, Building Society, Bureau Federation, Chamber of Commerce, Chartered, Commission, Co-operative, Council, Department, Fund Management, Government, Insurance, Investment Fund, Kaifong, Mass Transit, Municipal, Re-Insurance, Royal, Savings, Tourist Association, Trust, Trustee, Underground Railway
- Restricted connections for company name: name of state, national or local government.
- Any name that implies illegal activity or implies royal or government patronage is restricted.
- Registrar may reject any name which it considers undesirable or contrary to the public interest.
- Company name is restricted to be identical or similar that of an existing company.
Incorporation: 3 working days (may be quicker)+ delivery time for the courier
Minimum paid up capital: No minimum capital requirement
Hong Kong Incorporation
Hong Kong Company Incorporation
Hong Kong Company Incorporation
Government Filing Fee
Digital Certificate of Incorporation
1 x Printed Certificate of Incorporation
Digital Memorandum & Articles of Association
1 x Printed Memorandum & Articles of Association
Use our simple online checker to see if your name is available.
Follow our step-by-step process to form your new company within 24 hours.
Look through our various packages to begin to run your company the very next day.
We Provide Unlimited Free Online Support
Help is never more than a click away, our advisers are able to answer any and all of your questions.
No paper documents are required to be filled and all forms are available online. You will receive the original hard copy of the Incorporation Certificate by mail and all company documents (such as the memorandum & articles of association) will be easily available in PDF form online 24/7.
Get £50 worth of free Google Ad words credit to start the marketing of your new company.
With our innovative and low-cost service, we have taken the difficulty out of establishing a new international company. With expertise honed since 2004, our business specialists have the knowledge to provide a bespoke service catered to your new business’s needs. Over four hundred thousand companies have been incorporated with our pioneering low-cost electronic system.